SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

OdyTron

Started by ploom2, November 18, 2015, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ploom2

heya..

the odytron looks and sounds nice.
I was wondering when the software & overlay image might be available for us regular people ?

the black case is nice, and the price is pretty good considering the extras included.

paulsoulsby

Thanks!

Yes the Odytron will be available for regular Atmegatron owners too.  Plus there will be a professional vinyl overlay too, or the print out if you wish to do it yourself (with colours inversed, so it uses less ink!).

It'll be launched in time for Xmas (although it's gonna be close!)

Paul

Graeme

Arrived home form work on Friday just in time to collect my Odytron - had a "lost weekend" doodling with it and learning some of the tricks it can play , well  it's certainly unlike anyhting else I've used, both with respect to sound and interface - but I sense a lot of use of this little fella as it fills a hole in my set up just right :D

ploom2

Must be time to release the source 😀

Graeme

Is there a way to restore the Odytron preset sounds without using s/w?

paulsoulsby

Hmm, no not at the moment.  I knew there was a reason why I needed to create an Odytron Librarian!!  I'll create a software version that can be uploaded which restores the factory sounds.  I should be able to do that over the next few days. 
I may well create an Odytron Librarian app in time.  I think I'll do the switch from Java to JUCE first though.

Graeme

Ah thanks, is not a problem though - I just muddled the 'save' & 'load' button presses and overwrote a couple of presets, doh!
Won't have access to a computer for a week or so anyway so no rush :)

charliesays

Hi hope it's ok to resurrect an older thread... just wondering if/ when the Odytron software is likely to be available? I LOVE this synth, so powerful and so much fun to play... working on an Atmegatron only tune right now and very curious about the Odytron sound!  ;)

paulsoulsby

Not long now!  Feb 1st is the official release of both the software and the synth. There will be the arduino sketch, the overlay, as well as professional overlay and instruction manual.  And I'm really hoping to have the new 'easy-uploader' ready by then.  More about that soon.

charliesays

Excellent, thanks Paul! Can't wait...

ask DNA

Greetings from Canada!

I just downloaded and successfully installed the Odytron software.  All parameters seem to work (and sound) great - with the exception of MIDI.  For some reason, with Odytron installed, I can't get it to respond to MIDI.

I went back and installed classic Atmegatron, and that works without problems.  After re-installing Odytron, still no MIDI response.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

ask DNA

Oh wait... I get it.  There's no MIDI file included in the download.

Todd

Same thing happened to me. Pressing down the right encoder worked to hear it but midi would not trigger. I had to use the steps to see the midi channel manually because from software it was set to 0. Changed and saved it to midi channel 1 and all was fixed. Hope this helps.

paulsoulsby

Interesting - I'll try and replicate the problem here and let you know what I find.  I've now added software MIDI thru as another setting.  That may have had some kind of effect.
(to turn MIDI thru on, press the function knob in Midi channel mode.  red = midi thru on, yellow = off.  Only use it when needed, as it uses processor power).

ask DNA

Quote from: Todd on February 05, 2016, 06:08:35 AM
Same thing happened to me. Pressing down the right encoder worked to hear it but midi would not trigger. I had to use the steps to see the midi channel manually because from software it was set to 0. Changed and saved it to midi channel 1 and all was fixed. Hope this helps.

Hey Todd, I'm not sure what you did to change this, mind throwing me a screenshot or step-by-step, if you have a chance?  Thanks.