News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What about the Atpolytron

Started by Ashtom, June 19, 2014, 06:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashtom

Hi,

first of all, I just would like to start by saying that I'm having massive with the Atmegatron and I consider it already as a key element of my music making workflow. Thanks for such a great synth!

Now onto my question, I saw a mention of the Atpolytron that was used to make nice chords for the Atmegatrance demo and I was wondering if this will be released someday and if so, when?

Thanks again!

paulsoulsby

I worked on this over the weekend.  I've had a working version for quite a while, but it's not quite the sound I had in my head.  It turns out the changes I need to make are going to take quite a bit of reprogramming.
What I'll probably do is stick the working version (v0.1) up on the downloads this week.  That'll give me a few more weeks to totally nail the final version.  Please note that v0.1 is pretty unstable and has a load of nasty artifacts that I wanna remove from the final version.
Paul

Teilnehmer

Hello all,

thanks for this question that I'm interested in, too.
I have a technical question on this: For the Atmegatron is monophonic: Is the Atpolytron based on a kind of octave division similar to string machines? Sounds a bit like that.

Greets,
Teilnehmer

paulsoulsby

Yes that's exactly right.  Strictly speaking it's Paraphonic and not Polyphonic.  This means that the envelopes are shared by all the voices.  Because the divide-down is done digitally, rather than analogue, it sounds a little bit different to the 70s poly synths.  Definitely crunchy! 
I'll try and get it uploaded by the end of the week.

paulsoulsby

Atpolytron 0.1 is now uploaded in the 'other' section of the downloads page:
http://soulsbysynths.com/downloads/

Please remember this isn't the final version! It's pretty unstable and will sound quite different by the time I finish the final version.

baconsauce

Thank you! Got it uploaded and trying it now. What a treat to have the chord clusters under my fingers. Looking forward to the updates.

Love the Atmegatron. Thanks.

Jayef

Whatever happened to this? The link to download now returns a 404 error.

paulsoulsby

It turned into Strings.  It had some big bugs and needed such a major rewrite, that I decided to rename it.