News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Factory patches

Started by rio, April 11, 2016, 10:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rio

hey,

it's quite difficult to me to get the original patches of atmegatron or/and odytron on the machine back. is there any *.mem factory file? and are the internal patches changed from the version upgrades... it seems some patches complete different and some patches aren't playing.

greetings, rio

paulsoulsby

The original idea was to use the Atmegatron Librarian, but there's major issues with the OSX version (due to Java + Sysex not working).  If you've got a PC, that is available on the downloads page. It's also only for Atmegatron, not any other software verisons (e.g. Odytron).
So as an alternative I'm actually working on a new version of Easy Uploader that will allow you to load and save patches! Should be available in a couple of weeks.  Let me know if you'd like to beta test it.
Paul

rio

hey thx for fast reply. Where can i dig the file?  (i can't see it).
I am using win7.

Besides, will the odytron also can exchange patches in future?

greetings.

rio

.. i mean, where can i found a factory mem file anywhere? all my patches are gone. i tried upload atmegatron app a couple of times, but the patches are gone.

rio

now i played around in atmegatron librarian. and i found out why some patches not playing. every patch with a choosen "appregiator pattern" is silence - gives no sound... is there something wrong in my machine?
Is that normal? or a firmware - or maybe hardware issue/fault?

PS: i had test that via pressed value knob, rotating up/down...

greetings.

paulsoulsby

Hi,

I've just added the Atmegatron factory presets .mem file on downloads page: http://soulsbysynths.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FactoryPresets.mem

• Can I confirm that you are using V2-0 of Librarian.
  • Make sure you have Atmegatron software loaded.  This is for Atmegatron only - not Odytron.
  • Don't forget to turn on Sysex Read mode (see quick ref card - press Amp Env Decay, so that it's green).
If this all fails, I'll send you a beta version of Easy Uploader and we'll upload the Factory Presets using that. 

We'll get the factory presets on there somehow!

Paul

rio

thx a lot. yes i had upload atmegatron.hex 2.4 (with easy uploader and Programmer cable successfully). I use Atmegatron Librian to upload the factory mem... and yes they worked!! except following patches:

9, 10 and 11

because they use an Arpeggiator - and they simply are silence, when ever I test it within the value knob on device! Is that normal or is my device damaged or is something working in a wrong way?

I Hope you can help me out.

Greetings.

rio

I had found out that the binary of atmegatron (2.4) doesn't work as aspected when uploading via "easy uploader". It takes me couple of tests to find out that issue. Something works wrong with it and patches with Arpeggiator will not play anymore. So i had tested uploading atmegatron via ardunio IDE with atmegatron Source (2.3) which i had downloaded 2 days ago, before the download site had changed, and the arpeggiator patches are now working. I am not sure whether it works correct, but it Listen ok.

So can you please Check and can you confirm that is something wrong with a) atmegatron 2.4 binary or b) easy uploader software ?

Greetings.

paulsoulsby

Hi,
I've just tried this and I can recreate the issue here.  The problem is to do with v2.4 libraries, not the Easy Uploader.  I had to make a few changes to the Arpeggiator library when I create Strings.  I think these changes have affected the main Atmegatron software.
I'll rectify this problem with the next update.
I'll also start to upload older software versions to the Downloads page, so that users have the option to use old versions until I have fixed the problem.
cheers
Paul

rio

Ok good to know, that this is an software issue.

Is it possible of Writing / Reading Memory for odytron too (in near Future)? And is there a factoryPresets.mem file for odytron too?

Greetings.

rio

Quote from: paulsoulsby on April 12, 2016, 03:23:02 PM
I'll rectify this problem with the next update.
I'll also start to upload older software versions to the Downloads page, so that users have the option to use old versions until I have fixed the problem.

I have noticed, that atmegatron 2.1 has problems playing arpeggiator types too. That version play a sound but it doesn't activates any type. Can you please confirm that? Is there a stable arp version which I can use?

Greetings.

paulsoulsby

I have tested 2.1 and it works fine.  Obviously you need to press more than one note for it to play an arpeggio!!  This can't be done with the test knob alone, you need to connect a MIDI keyboard.

Librarian is note compatible with Odytron.  There will be a system for loading and saving patches via the Easy Uploader in the near future.

rio

Oh i missed that point. Superb. 8) thx for support, have fun and good luck for all devs.

paulsoulsby

That new version of Easy Uploader with patch load/save is now on download page BTW.

rio