Atmegatron Librarian software v2 for Windows not working!

Started by pianokeyjoe2009, March 09, 2016, 07:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianokeyjoe2009

I have purchased this very nice synthesizer with all the accessories and have installed all the necessary software to upload the synth files to the unit but to edit the synth itself, I would need an editor for the PC that allows a full big screen and mouse/keyboard to work with that would be far better than using the limited hardware interface. I was excited to install this into my Windows XP pro 32bit machine only to find that I can not do that! Does any one have a fix for this? I do not want to buy windows 7 or higher. I am using XP in a SSD drive with no paging file enabled and it works great with 2GB system ram,so upgrading is not an option. Is this software XP pro compatible or not? I get a run error of this file not being a valid w32 application error code 193.

paulsoulsby

Hi,
I can replicate this on 32-bit Windows.  I will investigate this.  I suspect it may be a 64-bit app and I need to recompile for 32-bit.
I should warn you that this is only a Librarian for the Atmegatron and doesn't provide real-time control of the synth.  You can however edit a sound using the graphical interface and then send it to the synth.

pianokeyjoe2009

Thankyou for the reply! I so far like the synth but it is not the typical many knobs and at least a digital display setup I am used to with midi synths. The graphical librarian will make it far easier to tweak sounds on a 19" screen with trackball mouse and keyboard. I do know it will not do real time editing. I would have to tweak and send sysex accordingly. I was turned on to 8bit chip synths by the softsynth Plogue chipsounds. I wanted a real hardware version that would not require a multi-core cpu and 3gig ram and asio 2 card just to perform in realtime. I am amazed how this "arduino" can do so much with so little and my modern PC has so much lag with soft synth of the same type 8 bit sounds.. Please let me know when you get the 32bit windows app out. I need it.

pianokeyjoe2009

Hi, I tried this one and it too has failed in Windows XP pro 32bit.  I have attached the screen captures here.

pianokeyjoe2009

Well nevermind, I got it working! Seems I needed to update Java and fetch a visual c++ 2010 file from Microsoft to get it to work at last! Thankyou for the submission!

paulsoulsby

Ah that's interesting, I had the same error messages the first time I installed it, but was fine the second time. I didn't change anything though!
I don't supposed you could let me know the links you used for Java update and c++ files? I'll try to sort the problem out on a clean xp machine.

pianokeyjoe2009

hi! I just typed Jave update in google and went to sun java.com to download the latest. I did look for the offline installer. The msvcr100.dll file missing,also typed in google and found a forum that linked to:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555

paulsoulsby