Trouble uploading AtMegadrum Software

Started by Mark III, September 05, 2015, 09:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark III

I couldn't get mac to connect to the Atmegatron using the FTDI Cable... I'm guessing that's because the drivers don't work with the El Capitan preview version of OSX that I'm running on my mac?

I tried on a windows 7 machine and got the attached error. Any assistance you offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark

PS. The Atmegatron is a truly awesome bit of kit in its own right, I just can't wait to try the other software versions too!

paulsoulsby

Can I check these 3 things first, before going further.

Mark III

paulsoulsby

Cool, can I  also check that you have the ftdi cable comm port selected in the arduino software. You do this in the Tools->Port menu. It's nearly always the bottom one in the list.
The tools->board menu should be set to Uno (sometimes uno/genuino)
If you do have both of these set correctly, can you email me at info@soulsbysynths.com & I'll go through the next steps.

Mark III

Issue resolved.

It worked first time on mac when I updated the Port Menu and Board Menu options as you advised.

It may be worth mentioning these options when you next update the instructions/video, if only for newbies like myself ;D.

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Mark

paulsoulsby

Awesome news  :D

Yeah, I'm going to do a totally new video for that soon and fully show the Mac and Windows versions for uploading software.  There's a few areas that people get stuck with, so I can definitely improve on it.