#define MIDI_LOWTOM 45
#define MIDI_OPENHIHAT 46
#define MIDI_LOWMIDTOM 47
#define MIDI_HIMIDTOM 48
#define MIDI_CRASH 49
#define MIDI_COWBELL 56

bschmaus

Hi.

I'd like to sequence the Atmegadrum with an external sequencer.  I've tried sending these notes to the Atmegadrum on channel 1 and I don't get any sound.  Are these the right note numbers?

And why the gap between MIDI_CRASH and MIDI_COWBELL?

Thanks,
Ben

bschmaus

I found another post on the forum that mentioned the Atmegadrum roughly following general MIDI drum mappings, which explains #56 for cowbell.  I'll try a few more tests to see if I can trigger the samples via MIDI notes.

Is the Atmegadrum source code on Github?  I poked around https://github.com/soulsbysynths but didn't have any luck finding it.

bschmaus

Ah, channel 10 is the standard for general MIDI drum map.  All is working now.  Saw some posts about the Atmegadrum MKII release that may be in the works.  Have been having a lot of fun playing around with the different synth versions and it'd be cool to see an updated drum engine!

Ben

paulsoulsby

Excellent - glad you got it sorted.  Yes will hopefully get the Oscidrum ported back to the Atmegatron in the next few months.  Fewer drum sounds, but higher sample rate and longer samples, plus other added features.