Author Topic: microtonal scales  (Read 3170 times)

microtonal scales

« on: November 22, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »
Open quickbuttons

kriszuki

• View Profile
Just received a new Atmegatron, it's great synth. I have a software request!

It would be really interesting to have a way of adjusting fine tuning per note to set up microtonal scales?

Thanks!

Re: microtonal scales

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »
Open quickbuttons

paulsoulsby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi,

Glad that you received your synth OK!  Very interesting idea to add microtonal tuning.  This is something that you could play about with yourself, pretty easily.

• Download the Atmegatron Arduino code from the downloads page.
  • Then open up the project (I'm assuming you've already installed the Arduino software)
  • Go to the MIDI tab
  • You'll see at the top of the code, an array with every frequency of MIDI note (in Hz).  See the pic:
  • Tweak the frequencies as much as you wish.  You may find it easiest to copy the array to a text file, then open in excel as comma separated values .  Tweak the values. Then save off as .csv and copy back to the code.  (this is what I do!)
  • Then upload to the synth (I'm assuming you've got the FTDI cable and have installed it)

If you haven't done any of this before, just watch this vid:http://youtu.be/syExKboY07Q.  It's all really easy!

Good luck with it and just ask if you need any help with any of this.

Paul

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
Open quickbuttons

kriszuki

• View Profile
Nice one Paul, I will have a play around with that.
Thanks

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:27:53 AM »
Open quickbuttons

paulsoulsby

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No probs.  Just realised I posted the wrong video link.  Should be:  http://youtu.be/aaG7gGtB_ts

It may look daunting if you've not used the Arduino software before, but I think you'll find tweaking the note frequencies and then uploading pretty straight forward.