News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Atmegatron doesn't receive midi

Started by Christoph Hein, September 16, 2015, 07:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Hein

Hi everyone!

Just received my new Atmegtron today and it doesn't receive midi from either my keyboards, sequencers or DAW. It produces sound pressing the right encoder though and seems to function properly. Am I missing out on something? I tried different channels and whatever you would try. Using the original power supply. Can anyone help?

paulsoulsby

Hi,

Can you do the following checks.  If still no joy, email me on info@soulsbysynths.com to take next steps.

Paul

daisychains

I've had my atmegatron for a few months and just started reprogramming it today, when i upload the Odytron and the original Atmegatron software it stops producing sound via midi, the light flashes red and the atcyclotron and delayertron still work with my midi keyboard(moog subphatty).

Please help,
thank you
Daisy

paulsoulsby

Hi,
I suspect this may be a MIDI channel issue.  Could you try the following:
Pull power out
Hold function knob down while putting power back in.  It is now in MIDI channel mode.  (you can now release function knob)
Turn the knob to desired channel (wave = 1, filter = 2, EnvA = 3, etc etc).  If it's already on desired channel, turn it to a different channel and back again.
Pull power out and power on as normal.

Let me know if this solves the issue.  Could also let me know the serial number of the unit.

Paul

P.S.  There's tutorial of this process here: https://youtu.be/5I15aCvTlA0?list=PLDcFte8-TVxxQvigU84_zf5nRcnkYdIO5

daisychains

So i messed around with the midi channel menu yesterday from looking at your pictures above, i am not sure what channel it needs to be on for live settings or really what the purpose of these channels are(i rarely use midi). Today i can not get the midi menu to activate, even with program slider in both positions. My serial number is ATM-13-01-0027. Thank you for responding so fast!

paulsoulsby

Hi,
I think the issue is because it is a V1 Atmegatron (serial < 1000).  This stores patches and settings is a different way.  To fix this you need to upload the Eeprom Converter via the EasyUploader.
I've just added this to the bottom of the Downloads page:  http://soulsbysynths.com/atmegatron-downloads/
Download the Eeprom Converter.
Upload via Easy Uploader
Atmegatron will make a tone
Upload the latest Atmegatron software via Easy Uploader.
Everything should work (and you should be able to enter MIDI channel mode too, should you ever need it)

Let me know if it works!
Paul