D1 LED: Yellow is missing ?

Started by nnay13, September 02, 2015, 08:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nnay13

Congratiulation the miniArmegatron  is great  ;D . Soldering the LED is quite tricky .   The D2 LED is able to  flash green , but the D1 one  has only a pale pink to offer at the  AMPLITUDE ENVELOPE position.

Is the LED somehow damaged ?   

OpAmp

Hi,

I just ordered my kit few day ago. Very much looking forward to get it shortly... so I can not compare.

Not sure whether other members can comment on questions...

But, it is an RGB led. If you scroll through the functions and you see all the 3 primary colors clearly (red, green, blue) according to their coresponding function, I would think the led is fine. Maybe the color mixing is not ok? That is done via the resistors. You may check those again?

nnay13

Hi,
The Green position is Pink. :o I'll check the resistor again .A PCB picture  would be appreciate : after soldering, the reference are masked by the resistor itself .

Anyway the sound is so good  despite the pink issue  ;D

paulsoulsby

So the left LED is RGB, the right LED is RGB, but only uses red and green (no blue).

Here's the PCB layout.

If you think that 1 LED colour isn't working, double check that the solder pads aren't soldered together.  You can also test this with a multimeter - check all combinations of pads and make sure none are connected.
Paul

nnay13

Problem solved.  :) :) :) :)

I used  unsoldered the LED . Re-solder it and used a precision  knife to cleary mark the LED pads .

Many thanks for your help