News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Odytron bulk export/import patches?

Started by digix, April 30, 2017, 01:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digix

Hi Paul -

What's the best way to bulk export/import patches on my Odytron?  Does the Atmegatron librarian work with it?  Or can I perform a SysEx dump / receive?  I'm on a Mac so looking for tools under OSX.

Cheers

Tom

paulsoulsby

Hi,
You can save and load patches using the Easy Uploader (on the downloads page).  There's no sysex implementation for the Odytron software (or anything other than Atmegatron in fact).  The code for it eats up too much precious memory!
Was planning on phasing out the Librarian (especially as the OSX MIDI drivers don't support sysex), although I could potentially make it work with Easy Uploader instead of sysex....I'll have a think about that!

digix

Ok cool I'll give it a try.

Is there any risk in having the programmer cable plugged in all the time on the Odytron?  I'm hoping I can just flip the programmer switch when I need to load/save patches then flip it back when I'm done.

Cheers

paulsoulsby

It'll be totally fine to do that. Won't harm it at all. The only thing you may find is that the synth resets itself when the computer resets or if you pull the usb in and out.