News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Feature Requests

Started by steholmes, October 11, 2017, 10:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steholmes

I didn't see a topic for feature requests so thought i'd start one. I've only had mine a few days but this is what I've got so far. Its certainly not a deal breaker. I'm already a big fan.

1. When loading up in settings mode, to change midi channel, would it be possible to put midi channels on the right dial freeing up the left for turning settings on and off (green and red) such as accept program change (which is possible but not native to the build)

2. I don't know how memory intensive each software build is but couldn't you package it in 1 file and chose which version you want via the settings boot?

3. Atmegatron II - Power button or push both dials for 10 seconds or something that doesn't involve taking the power adaptor out to power off.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers

paulsoulsby

1) yes - I have been wondering about this for a while. A knock-on issue will be Easy Uploader.  I'd need to reserve more of the EEPROM for storing extra universal settings. That can be done though.  If I put MIDI program change in, it'd def be via a setting that can be enabled/disabled. I hate MIDI program change - the number of awesome synth sounds I've lost because of it!!

2) Ah that'd require an external flash chip.  Thinking of doing something like this via a flash card for the next Atmegatron.  Sadly not possible for the first one. Nearly all software versions use up the entire 32kB!

3) Def yes for the next atmegatron. Had a few requests for this!

steholmes

Thanks for getting back Paul. I'm really impressed with your in depth and honest responses.

I figured that would be the case for points 2 and 3 but still felt it was worth a mention. Looking forward to that btw.

So is point 1 something you would be looking to roll out? If so what sort of time scale are we talking?

Cheers

Ste