News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Strings Tempo Sync Issues

Started by Trapezoid, October 06, 2016, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezoid

I've been using my electribe 2 to sequence my Atmegatron and several of its software versions without issues of any kind until Strings. Its tempo refuses to sync rendering the waveform cycler, phaser, and LFO largely unusable for anything beyond subtle modulation. I'm controlling it with my electribe through a Midi Solutions quadra thru box. I haven't had any latency issues using this method thus far but maybe I've just been lucky.

Has anyone else had this issue with Strings or any other version? Suggestions for a fix?

paulsoulsby

I'll take a look at this over the weekend.  I've just had a quick look at the code and all the MIDI clk stuff seems to be in there and I feel sure I did test it.  I'll let you know what I find out when I test it.
Can I check - is it responding to tempo at all?  Ie the tempo is correct, but the phase of the cycler/phaser/LFO isn't in sync with the start of the bar?  Or is it responding to nothing (tempo or phase)?
The only essential thing to enable ext clk with all software versions is that the Atmegatron receives a MIDI clk start.  That should happen when you hit start on the Electribe.  If it works in normal Atmegatron software, then that message is being received OK.
Paul

Trapezoid

It does respond to tempo when I hit start on the electribe. But it is definitely out of phase with the start of the bar.

Trapezoid

I should add that the arpeggiator is also out of phase.

paulsoulsby

Great thanks.  Should be able to suss it out from that info.  I'll upload a new version to the website once I've sorted it.

Trapezoid

Great thank you. I gotta say it's pretty great that you make yourself so available to help your customers out. Keep up the excellent work!

paulsoulsby

Oops - this is a bit embarrassing, the wrong version was on the website!  V1.1 was quickly replaced by 1.2 when I realised that I hadn't put any programming in for ext MIDI clock!  I've updated the downloads page now.  http://soulsbysynths.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/StringsV1-2.hex
I gave it a quick check too and it's def syncing OK.
Paul

Trapezoid

Oh good! I'm glad this was sorted out, I'm a big fan of Strings. Thanks again!